- ProductsProductsPI Ceramic offers a large number of standard products and solutions based on piezo technology. This includes piezoceramic components and elements as well as piezoelectric actuators.
- Piezoceramic ComponentsPiezoceramic Components
- Piezoceramic ActuatorsPiezoceramic ActuatorsPI Ceramic offers a large number of piezoelectric actuators for applications in industry and research.
- PICMA® Piezo Linear ActuatorsPICMA® Piezo Linear Actuators
- PICMA® Piezo Bender ActuatorsPICMA® Piezo Bender Actuators
- PICA Piezoelectric Stack ActuatorsPICA Piezoelectric Stack Actuators
- PICA Shear ActuatorsPICA Shear Actuators
- DuraAct Patch TransducersDuraAct Patch Transducers
- Picoactuator® Piezoelectric CrystalPicoactuator® Piezoelectric Crystal
- Tube ActuatorsPiezo Tube Actuators
- PICMA® Piezo Linear Actuators
- Smart Interface: Piezo Components with Flexible Printed Circuit BoardsSmart Interface: Piezo Components with Flexible Printed Circuit BoardsIt is time-consuming and risky to provide piezo components with strands and to contact them on printed circuit boards yourself. PI Ceramic takes on this step for customers and supplies piezoceramic components with flexible printed circuit boards.
- Piezo Controllers & DriversPiezo Controllers & DriversControl electronics plays a key role in the performance of piezoelectric actuators. In addition to universal control electronics, highly suitable for most fields of application, PI offers a wide range of piezo amplifiers geared towards particular purposes.
- For PICMA® Stack/Chip Multilayer ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for PICMA® Stack/Chip Multilayer Actuators
- For PICMA® Bender Multilayer ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for PICMA® Bender Multilayer Actuators
- For PICA Stack/Power/Thru ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for PICA Stack/Power/Thru Actuators
- For PICA Shear ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for PICA Shear ActuatorsPiezo amplifiers for PICA Shear Actuators offer a bipolar output voltage of ±250 V.
- For DuraAct ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for DuraAct ActuatorsDuraAct Actuators require different operating voltage ranges, depending on the integrated ceramic.
- For Picoactuator® ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for Picoactuator® Actuators
- For Piezo TubesAmplifiers and Controllers for Piezo Tubes
- For Energy HarvestingElectronics for Energy HarvestingE-821 uses pulsed or continuous excitation for Energy Generation by means of piezo actuators.
- For PICMA® Stack/Chip Multilayer Actuators
- Piezoceramic MaterialsPiezoceramic MaterialsPI Ceramic offers a variety of different piezoelectric materials including lead-free materials.
- Miniaturized Piezo CeramicsMiniaturized Piezo CeramicsThanks to their compact design, miniaturized piezo components are ideally suited for the generation and detection of vibrations in the smallest of areas.
- PlatesPlatesLength L: 1 to 60 mm; Width W: 1 to 60 mm; Thickness TH: To 0.1 mm (20 µm tolerance is possible)
- Half and Hollow SpheresHalf and Hollow SpheresOuter diameter OD: To 2 mm; Thickness TH: To 0.2 mm; Material: PIC151, PIC255, PIC181
- Shear ElementsShear ElementsLength L: To 2 mm; Width W: To 1 mm; Thickness TH: 0.2 (20 µm tolerance is possible)
- Bending ElementsBending ElementsLength L: e.g. 3 mm, width W: e.g., 1 mm; Width W: 1 mm; Thickness TH: 0.4 mm ± 0.05 mm
- Special Shape HexagonsSpecial Shape HexagonsLength L: From 3 mm; Width W: From 3 mm; Thickness TH: 0.1 mm (20 µm tolerance is possible)
- Special Shape (Shear) ConesSpecial Shape (Shear) ConesOuter diameter OD: From 3 mm; Inner diameter ID: From 1 mm; Thickness TH: 1.5 mm
- Chip Actuators (PL022.3x)Chip Actuators (PL022.3x)Side length (A): 2 ± 0.1 mm; Side length (B): 2 ± 0.1 mm; Thickness TH: 2 ± 0.1 mm
- Piezoceramic Components
- OEMOEM Solutions for Piezo Ceramics from PI CeramicPI Ceramic offers customized OEM solutions for piezo ceramics at the highest technological level and economically optimized.
- The PI Ceramic Tech CenterThe PI Ceramic Tech Center
- The PI Ceramic Tech Center
- ApplicationsApplications and Markets for Piezo TechnologyPiezo technology is used in different applications in medical technology, mechanical and automotive engineering or in semiconductor technology.
- Ultrasonic Measurement TechnologyUltrasonic Measurement Technology
- Noncontact Measurement with Air UltrasoundNoncontact Measurement with Air Ultrasound
- Noncontact Flow MeteringNoncontact Flow Metering
- Noncontact Measurement with Air Ultrasound
- High-Power UltrasoundHigh-Power UltrasoundPiezoceramics can be used to generate ultrasonic waves in the frequency range of power ultrasound (20 to 800 kHz). They can be used in different diagnostic and therapeutic applications, for example in tartar removal or lithotripsy, but also in ultrasonic technology.
- Industrial Ultrasonic CleaningIndustrial Ultrasonic Cleaning
- Ultrasonic PiezomotorsUltrasonic Piezomotors
- Sonar Technology and HydroacousticsSonar Technology and Hydroacoustics
- Industrial Ultrasonic Cleaning
- Force MeasurementForce MeasurementPiezo discs the centerpiece of force/acceleration sensors.
- Scientific InstrumentationScientific InstrumentationPiezo components have become firmly established in modern science as drives and ultrasonic transducers. They work reliably even under extreme conditions such as magnetic fields, cryogenic temperatures or ultrahigh vacuum.
- Mineralogical Analyses in NASA's Mars RoverMineralogical Analyses in NASA's Mars RoverNASA relies on PICMA® Multilayer Actuators from PI Ceramic.
- Cryogenic Applications in the German Electron Synchrotron (DESY)Cryogenic Applications in the German Electron Synchrotron (DESY)Dynamic Compensation of Lorentz Forces at the Accelerator Elements in Cryogenic Environments.
- Scanning Probe MicroscopyScanning Probe Microscopy
- Mineralogical Analyses in NASA's Mars Rover
- Precision DosingPrecision DosingPiezo elements pump and meter small liquid or gas volumes reliably and precisely in the range of a few hundred milliliters to a few nanoliters. The piezo elements can be adapted to each application environment.
- Metering with Piezo ValvesMetering with Piezo Valves
- Metering with Piezo Valves
- Medical TechnologyMedical TechnologyPiezo components for medical technology and related life science disciplines must be fast, reliable and energy-efficient. In miniaturized form, they enable minimally invasive and highly precise diagnostic as well as therapeutic methods.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound with Piezo ComponentsTherapeutic Ultrasound with Piezo Components
- Miniaturized Piezo Tubes in FSEMiniaturized Piezo Tubes in High-Resolution Fiber Scanning Endoscopy
- Nebulizers with Piezo RingsNebulizers with Piezo Rings
- Piezo Valves in BiotechnologyPiezo Valves in Biotechnology
- Piezoelectric MicropumpsPiezoelectric Micropumps
- Piezo Actuators in Medical ImplantsPiezo Actuators in Medical Implants
- Therapeutic Ultrasound with Piezo Components
- Energy-Autarkic SystemsEnergy-Autarkic Systems with Piezo ElementsDuraAct patch transducers use kinetic energy for the electrical supply of energy-autarkic systems and can be applied in structural health or condition monitoring.
- Ultrasonic Measurement Technology
- TechnologyPI Ceramic Piezo TechnologyPI Ceramic offers extensive know-how and a wealth of experience in the manufacturing of assembled piezo-ceramic components and sub-systems.
- Fundamentals of Piezo TechnologyFundamentals of Piezo TechnologyPhysical basics and explanations of piezo electricity and electromechanics.
- Properties of Piezo ActuatorsProperties of Piezo ActuatorsCharacteristics of piezoceramic actuators: Displacement modes, forces and stiffnesses, dynamics. Ambient conditions.
- Displacement BehaviorDisplacement BehaviorOn this site you will find information about the displacement behaviour of piezo ceramics.
- Displacement Modes of Piezoelectric ActuatorsDisplacement Modes of Piezoelectric ActuatorsOn this site you will learn more about the different displacement modes of piezo ceramics.
- Temperature DependenceTemperature Dependence
- Forces and StiffnessForces and StiffnessForce and stiffness are important properties of piezo actuators. Find out more on this topic here.
- Dynamic OperationDynamic OperationLearn more on the topics of resonant frequency, dynamic forces and response behaviour.
- Electrical Operation of Piezo ActuatorsElectrical Operation of Piezo ActuatorsLearn more on the topics of operating voltage, electrical behaviour and operating modes.
- Ambient ConditionsAmbient Conditions
- Displacement Behavior
- Generating UltrasoundGenerating Ultrasound with Piezo ComponentsPiezo components use the piezoelectric effect to generate and detect ultrasonic waves, e.g. by means of runtime measuring or the principle of the Doppler effect.
- Developing Customized TransducersDeveloping Customized Transducers
- Developing Customized Transducers
- Manufacturing TechnologyManufacturing TechnologyPI Ceramic offers a wide range of manufacturing technologies: Pressing or tape technology, assembling technology and testing procedures.
- PICMA® TechnologyPICMA® TechnologyHighly reliable and extended lifetime through the patented manufacturing process for multilayer actuators.
- DuraAct Patch Transducer TechnologyDuraAct Patch Transducer TechnologyManufacture, functional principle and typical working parameters of DuraAct patch transducers explain the possible force generation and deflection.
- Fundamentals of Piezo Technology
- ServiceServiceIn the service area you can contact us, search and download documents and use our technical glossary.
- Product DocumentationProduct DocumentationDownload user manuals, technical notes or datasheets.
- Catalogs, Brochures & CertificatesCatalogs, Brochures & CertificatesDownload the newest PDF files or request printed catalogs and brochures by mail.
- Whitepapers & Success StoriesWhitepapers & Success StoriesDownload whitepapers and success stories and learn more about our products.
- Product Documentation
- Ask an Engineer!Ask an Engineer!Quickly receive an answer to your question by email or phone from a local PI Ceramic sales engineer.
- PI Glossary for Technical TermsPI Glossary for Technical TermsIn the glossary you will find explanations of the different terms used on the website.
- News & Events
- CompanyCompany PI Ceramic GmbHPI Ceramic, a subsidiary of Physik Instrumente (PI) GmbH & Co. KG, is located in the city of Lederhose, Thuringia, Germany.
- How to Get to PI Ceramic!How to Get to PI Ceramic!Here you will find adress data and directions to PI Ceramic.
- About PI GroupAbout PI GroupNo other company in the world offers a broader and deeper portfolio of precision motion technologies than the PI Group. Continuous growth through the development of novel products and technologies is one of the main characteristics of the PI Group.
- ReferencesReferencesOn this site you will find external publications from industry and research.
- Legal InformationLegal InformationOn this site you will find legal Information about PI Ceramic
- How to Get to PI Ceramic!
- CareersCareersStart a career at PI Ceramic. Be part of our team!
- Jobs at PI CeramicJobs at PI Ceramic
- Experienced and Young ProfessionalsExperienced and Young ProfessionalsPI Ceramic offers interesting positions for graduates and professionals. You can expect a good working environment as well as personal and professional advancement!
- StudentsStudentsPI offers interesting activities to also give students insights into a professional career. You can gain practical experience during your studies.
- Training, Dual Curriculum Education, and InternshipsTraining, Dual Curriculum Education, and InternshipsSkilled employees are a crucial asset – which explains why we have been training specialists in technical and commercial professions for many years now. At two locations in Germany, PI offers apprenticeship positions as well as a dual study program for applicants who have acquired a secondary school leaving certificate or a qualification for entrance to a technical college or to university.
- About PI Ceramic as an EmployerAbout PI Ceramic as an EmployerGet more information about PI Ceramic's social services and application process!
- Candidate Login PI CeramicCandidate Login PI CeramicLog into your account to get information on the status of your application.
- Jobs at PI Ceramic
- BlogBlogFind news on products, technologies and applications, and information on trade fairs and other events.
- PI StorePI StoreBuy piezo actuators and piezoceramic components online: The PI Store is available 24/7 and offers prices as well as delivery times without having to log in.
- 0Quote list
Piezo actuator / scanner tube
Bipolar operating voltage up to ±250 V. Fourfold segmented electrodes for axial and XY displacement. Monolithic piezoceramic actuator with minimal geometric tolerances. UHV-compatible to 10-9 hPa. Short lead times
Custom designs with modified specifications
- Operating voltage range, displacement
- Applied sensors
- Special high / low temperature versions
- Segmentation of the electrodes, wrap-around electrodes, circumferential insulating borders
- Length L max. 70 mm
- Outer diameter OD 2 to 80 mm
- Inner diameter ID 0.8 to 74 mm
- Min. wall thickness 0.30 mm
Fields of application
Industry and research, UHV environment up to 10-9 hPa. For microdosing, micromanipulation, scanning microscopy (AFM, STM, etc.), fiber stretching
User Manual A000T0047Handling and Electrical Contacting of Piezo Components2019-02-122019-02-12
Quote / Order
Ask for a free quote on quantities required, prices, and lead times or describe your desired modification. All products available online can be ordered directly.
- PI Store