- ProductsProductsPI Ceramic offers a large number of standard products and solutions based on piezo technology. This includes piezoceramic components and elements as well as piezoelectric actuators.
- Piezoceramic ComponentsPiezoceramic ComponentsPI Ceramic manufactures a wide range of piezoceramic components in various shapes and sizes according to your needs – also with contacting or in miniature format.
- Piezoceramic ActuatorsPiezoceramic ActuatorsPI Ceramic offers a large number of piezoelectric actuators for applications in industry and research.
- PICMA® Piezo Linear ActuatorsPICMA® Piezo Linear ActuatorsThe compact PICMA® multilayer actuators feature linear deflections with low control voltages and, in the chip version, generate highly dynamic movements.
- PICMA® Piezo Bender ActuatorsPICMA® Piezo Bender ActuatorsMultilayer bending actuators: large displacement and high dynamics. Their bimorph structure ensures bidirectional displacement.
- PICA Piezoelectric Stack ActuatorsPICA Piezoelectric Stack ActuatorsStacked piezo linear actuators with operating voltages to 1000 V: High reliability, large specific displacement and high forces.
- PICA Shear ActuatorsPICA Shear ActuatorsMulti-axis and shear actuators in stacked design offer excellent dynamics combined with minimum electrical power requirements.
- DuraAct Patch TransducersDuraAct Patch TransducersDuraAct patch transducers convert electrical voltage into mechanical energy and vice versa; as actuator, sensor or as energy generator.
- Picoactuator® Piezoelectric CrystalPicoactuator® Piezoelectric CrystalThe motion of the Picoactuator® piezo crystals is highly linear and almost hysteresis-free and consequently suited for high-dynamics applications.
- Tube ActuatorsPiezo Tube ActuatorsRadially and axially contracting piezo tubes are often used for creating dynamic scanning motions and as fiber stretchers.
- PICMA® Piezo Linear Actuators
- Smart Interface: Piezo Components with Flexible Printed Circuit BoardsSmart Interface: Piezo Components with Flexible Printed Circuit BoardsIt is time-consuming and risky to provide piezo components with strands and to contact them on printed circuit boards yourself. PI Ceramic takes on this step for customers and supplies piezoceramic components with flexible printed circuit boards.
- Piezo Controllers & DriversPiezo Controllers & DriversControl electronics plays a key role in the performance of piezoelectric actuators. In addition to universal control electronics, highly suitable for most fields of application, PI offers a wide range of piezo amplifiers geared towards particular purposes.
- For PICMA® Stack/Chip Multilayer ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for PICMA® Stack/Chip Multilayer ActuatorsAmplifiers with high output current allow dynamic operation of the actuators and precise positioning while requiring low power.
- For PICMA® Bender Multilayer ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for PICMA® Bender Multilayer ActuatorsPiezo amplifiers for PICMA® Bender Actuators offer fixed and variable output voltages of up to 60 V for differential control.
- For PICA Stack/Power/Thru ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for PICA Stack/Power/Thru ActuatorsPiezo amplifiers for PICA Actuators offer a voltage range of up to 1100 V, which is available as unipolar or bipolar voltage. Amplifiers with high output current allow dynamic operation of the actuators and precise positioning while requiring low power.
- For PICA Shear ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for PICA Shear ActuatorsPiezo amplifiers for PICA Shear Actuators offer a bipolar output voltage of ±250 V.
- For DuraAct ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for DuraAct ActuatorsDuraAct Actuators require different operating voltage ranges, depending on the integrated ceramic.
- For Picoactuator® ActuatorsDrivers and Controllers for Picoactuator® ActuatorsPicoactuator® actuators are operated with a bipolar voltage of ±500 V. The output voltage range of the PICA amplifiers can be set accordingly to suit this purpose. For smaller displacements, it is possible to use amplifiers for PICA Shear actuators of ±250 V.
- For Piezo TubesAmplifiers and Controllers for Piezo TubesPiezo amplifiers for Piezo Tubes are ideal for the control of segmented piezo scanner tubes and can be operated with a bipolar voltage.
- For Energy HarvestingElectronics for Energy HarvestingE-821 uses pulsed or continuous excitation for Energy Generation by means of piezo actuators.
- For PICMA® Stack/Chip Multilayer Actuators
- Piezoceramic MaterialsPiezoceramic MaterialsPI Ceramic offers a variety of different piezoelectric materials including lead-free materials.
- Miniaturized Piezo CeramicsMiniaturized Piezo CeramicsThanks to their compact design, miniaturized piezo components are ideally suited for the generation and detection of vibrations in the smallest of areas.
- DisksMiniaturized Disks
- PlatesMiniaturized Plates
- RingsMiniaturized Rings
- TubesMiniaturized Tubes
- Half and Hollow SpheresMiniaturized Half and Hollow Spheres
- Shear ElementsMiniaturized Shear Elements
- Bending ElementsMiniaturized Bending Elements
- HexagonsMiniaturized Hexagons
- (Shear) ConesMiniaturized (Shear) Cones
- Chip Actuators (PL022.3x)Chip Actuators (PL022.3x)
- Piezoceramic Components
- OEMOEM Solutions for Piezo Ceramics from PI CeramicPI Ceramic offers customized OEM solutions for piezo ceramics at the highest technological level and economically optimized.
- The PI Ceramic Tech CenterThe PI Ceramic Tech CenterFrom small series production to new production technologies: the PI Ceramic Tech Center supports you in the fast qualification of your project-specific samples.
- The PI Ceramic Tech Center
- ApplicationsApplications and Markets for Piezo TechnologyPiezo technology is used in different applications in medical technology, mechanical and automotive engineering or in semiconductor technology.
- Ultrasonic Measurement TechnologyUltrasonic Measurement TechnologyUltrasonic sensors emit high-frequency sound pulses and receive signals reflected from objects. The time the echo signals take to arrive is processed electronically and can be used for a wide range of applications in metrology.
- Noncontact Measurement with Air UltrasoundNoncontact Measurement with Air UltrasoundThe most widely used principle of ultrasonic level measurement is based on the propagation time measurement of air ultrasound pulse.
- Noncontact Flow MeteringNoncontact Flow MeteringThe propagation time metering the so-called Doppler principle are the two fundamental measurement processes in noncontact ultrasonic flow rate measurement.
- Noncontact Measurement with Air Ultrasound
- High-Power UltrasoundHigh-Power UltrasoundPiezoceramics can be used to generate ultrasonic waves in the frequency range of power ultrasound (20 to 800 kHz). They can be used in different diagnostic and therapeutic applications, for example in tartar removal or lithotripsy, but also in ultrasonic technology.
- Industrial Ultrasonic CleaningIndustrial Ultrasonic CleaningUltrasonic cleaning can be used to remove dirt particles in the nanometer range, without damaging sensitive surfaces by a too high pressure.
- Ultrasonic PiezomotorsUltrasonic PiezomotorsAn integral part of the PILine® ultrasonic piezomotors is a piezoceramic actuator that is pretensioned against a movably guided runner via a coupling element.
- Sonar Technology and HydroacousticsSonar Technology and HydroacousticsPiezoceramic components are used in sonar technology and hydroacoustic systems, for measuring and position-finding tasks.
- Industrial Ultrasonic Cleaning
- Acceleration MeasurementAcceleration MeasurementPiezo discs the centerpiece of force/acceleration sensors.
- Scientific InstrumentationScientific InstrumentationPiezo components have become firmly established in modern science as drives and ultrasonic transducers. They work reliably even under extreme conditions such as magnetic fields, cryogenic temperatures or ultrahigh vacuum.
- Mineralogical Analyses in NASA's Mars RoverMineralogical Analyses in NASA's Mars RoverNASA relies on PICMA® Multilayer Actuators from PI Ceramic.
- Cryogenic Applications in the German Electron Synchrotron (DESY)Cryogenic Applications in the German Electron Synchrotron (DESY)Dynamic Compensation of Lorentz Forces at the Accelerator Elements in Cryogenic Environments.
- Scanning Probe MicroscopyScanning Probe MicroscopyScanning probe microscopy benefits from piezo technology: Piezo tube actuators position highly dynamically over a lateral range of up to ±35 µm.
- Mineralogical Analyses in NASA's Mars Rover
- Precision DosingPrecision DosingPiezo elements pump and meter small liquid or gas volumes reliably and precisely in the range of a few hundred milliliters to a few nanoliters. The piezo elements can be adapted to each application environment.
- Metering with Piezo ValvesMetering with Piezo ValvesPiezo valves are highly suitable for dosing tasks: They can switch directly, and can also work against a closing spring.
- Metering with Piezo Valves
- Medical TechnologyMedical TechnologyPiezo components for medical technology and related life science disciplines must be fast, reliable and energy-efficient. In miniaturized form, they enable minimally invasive and highly precise diagnostic as well as therapeutic methods.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound with Piezo ComponentsTherapeutic Ultrasound with Piezo ComponentsTherapeutic ultrasound is used as a core element in applications such as tissue ablation, targeted drug delivery, or lithotripsy.
- Miniaturized Piezo Tubes in SFEMiniaturized Piezo Tubes in High-Resolution Scanning Fiber EndoscopyWith their fast deflection and control, miniaturized piezo tubes generate a scanning movement of the optical fiber in scanning fiber endoscopes (SFE), thus providing more image information and improved minimally invasive procedures in everyday clinical practice.
- Nebulizers with Piezo RingsNebulizers with Piezo RingsSpecially shaped piezo discs act as ultrasonic transducers in nebulizers, generating particularly homogeneous aerosols with high-frequency oscillations.
- Piezo Valves in BiotechnologyPiezo Valves in BiotechnologyPiezo-driven valves enable precise dosing in the nanolitre range, for example for drug screening or researching active agents.
- Piezoelectric MicropumpsPiezoelectric MicropumpsPiezoelectric micropumps are used in laboratory technology, medical technology, biotechnology, chemical analytics and process engineering.
- Piezo Actuators in Medical ImplantsPiezo Actuators in Medical ImplantsSystems implanted in the body such as micropumps for drug dosing or hearing aids are almost invisible and improve the quality of life of patients significantly. They are driven by ultra-compact and energy-efficient miniaturized piezo actuators.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound with Piezo Components
- Energy-Autarkic SystemsEnergy-Autarkic Systems with Piezo ElementsDuraAct patch transducers use kinetic energy for the electrical supply of energy-autarkic systems and can be applied in structural health or condition monitoring.
- Ultrasonic Measurement Technology
- TechnologyPI Ceramic Piezo TechnologyPI Ceramic offers extensive know-how and a wealth of experience in the manufacturing of assembled piezo-ceramic components and sub-systems.
- Fundamentals of Piezo TechnologyFundamentals of Piezo TechnologyPhysical basics and explanations of piezo electricity and electromechanics.
- Properties of Piezo ActuatorsProperties of Piezo ActuatorsCharacteristics of piezoceramic actuators: Displacement modes, forces and stiffnesses, dynamics. Ambient conditions.
- Displacement BehaviorDisplacement BehaviorOn this site you will find information about the displacement behaviour of piezo ceramics.
- Displacement Modes of Piezoelectric ActuatorsDisplacement Modes of Piezoelectric ActuatorsOn this site you will learn more about the different displacement modes of piezo ceramics.
- Temperature DependenceTemperature DependenceThe displacement and dimension of a piezo ceramic is temperature dependant. Learn more about this topic on this site.
- Forces and StiffnessForces and StiffnessForce and stiffness are important properties of piezo actuators. Find out more on this topic here.
- Dynamic OperationDynamic OperationLearn more on the topics of resonant frequency, dynamic forces and response behaviour.
- Electrical Operation of Piezo ActuatorsElectrical Operation of Piezo ActuatorsLearn more on the topics of operating voltage, electrical behaviour and operating modes.
- Ambient ConditionsAmbient ConditionsPiezo actuators are suitable for operation in very different, sometimes extreme ambient conditions. Learn more about this topic on this site.
- Displacement Behavior
- Generating UltrasoundGenerating Ultrasound with Piezo ComponentsPiezo components use the piezoelectric effect to generate and detect ultrasonic waves, e.g. by means of runtime measuring or the principle of the Doppler effect.
- Developing Customized TransducersDeveloping Customized TransducersIn addition to piezo components, PI Ceramic also supplies complete transducers, which are developed together with you according to your application specifications.
- Developing Customized Transducers
- Manufacturing TechnologyManufacturing TechnologyPI Ceramic offers a wide range of manufacturing technologies: Pressing or tape technology, assembling technology and testing procedures.
- PICMA® TechnologyPICMA® TechnologyHighly reliable and extended lifetime through the patented manufacturing process for multilayer actuators.
- DuraAct Patch Transducer TechnologyDuraAct Patch Transducer TechnologyManufacture, functional principle and typical working parameters of DuraAct patch transducers explain the possible force generation and deflection.
- Fundamentals of Piezo Technology
- ServiceServiceIn the service area you can contact us, search and download documents and use our technical glossary.
- DownloadsDownloadsIn the download section you will find product documentation, broschures, sucess stories and whitepapers.
- Product DocumentationProduct DocumentationDownload user manuals, technical notes or datasheets.
- Catalogs, Brochures & CertificatesCatalogs, Brochures & CertificatesDownload the newest PDF files or request printed catalogs and brochures by mail.
- Whitepapers & Success StoriesWhitepapers & Success StoriesDownload whitepapers and success stories and learn more about our products.
- Product Documentation
- Ask an Engineer!Ask an Engineer!Quickly receive an answer to your question by email or phone from a local PI Ceramic sales engineer.
- PI Glossary for Technical TermsPI Glossary for Technical TermsIn the glossary you will find explanations of the different terms used on the website.
- News & EventsNews & EventsHere you can find current information on PI Ceramic and also upcoming events and trade fairs.
- NewsNews & PressLatest news on PI Ceramic: Browse our news archive.
- Trade Fairs & EventsTrade Fairs & EventsTake the opportunity to meet PI Ceramic at trade fairs and events.
- Virtual Trade Show StandsWelcome to Our Virtual Trade Show Stands!We would be pleased to welcome you personally at our exhibition stands all over the world. In addition, we also invite you to our virtual trade show stands - be inspired by our application solutions!
- Virtual Trade Show Stands
- About PI CeramicCompany PI Ceramic GmbHPI Ceramic, a subsidiary of Physik Instrumente (PI) GmbH & Co. KG, is located in the city of Lederhose, Thuringia, Germany.
- How to Get to PI Ceramic!How to Get to PI Ceramic!Here you will find adress data and directions to PI Ceramic.
- About PI GroupAbout PI GroupNo other company in the world offers a broader and deeper portfolio of precision motion technologies than the PI Group. Continuous growth through the development of novel products and technologies is one of the main characteristics of the PI Group.
- ReferencesReferencesOn this site you will find external publications from industry and research.
- Legal InformationLegal InformationOn this site you will find legal Information about PI Ceramic
- How to Get to PI Ceramic!
- CareersCareersWe like and look for people who share the same vision and dynamics we do. People who want to make a difference and have ambitious objectives. Let's shape the future together!
- Careers at PICareers at PIIf you come on board as a new employee, we can tell you now and promise: Your future at PI will be varied. Dynamic. Exciting in a good way. Challenging. Full of opportunities. Promising and multifaceted. Productive and innovative. Are you ready to come on board at PI and ready to think about the future together and turn it into reality?
- Jobs at PI CeramicJobs at PI CeramicDo you want to take the next step into your professional future? If so, you should take a good look at the job vacancies in our job overview.
- KarlsruheKarlsruhePI is the future. We make it possible for our customers to master technological leaps and shape trends for decades to come. Become part of an agile medium-sized company with global power.
- Our BenefitsBenefitsYou give a lot. We do everything! We are very much aware that our most important capital is not in the bank: Our employees are the very foundation of our success.
- Experienced & Young ProfessionalsExperienced & Young ProfessionalsOff on new missions! Let us find a new vision. And turn it boldly into reality. Join us and be curious to discover new things, dare to be courageous, and break new ground. For you. For our company. And for everybody who will benefit from our technological innovation.
- StudentsStudentsAt PI, you have the opportunity to get to know the professional world in an exciting and modern working environment. As a student, you can do an internship in all departments, get your first practical work experience as a student worker or successfully complete your studies with a practice-oriented bachelor or master thesis.
- Trainees & Dual Curriculum StudentsTrainees & Dual Curriculum StudentsOur future lies in training the professionals of tomorrow. And: You could be that professional! If you want to start your professional career with motivation and commitment, you've come to the right place!
- Our Benefits
- LederhoseLederhosePI Ceramic in Lederhose in Thuringia develops and manufactures high-tech solutions in the field of piezo technology. Become part of an agile medium-sized company with global power that continues to grow consistently and sustainably at Lederhose and offers attractive prospects.
- Our BenefitsBenefits
- Experienced & Young ProfessionalsExperienced & Young ProfessionalsOff on new missions! Let us find a new vision and turn it boldly into reality. Join us and be curious to discover new things, dare to be courageous, and break new ground. For you yourself. For our company. And for everybody who will benefit from our technological innovation.
- StudentsStudentsAt PI Ceramic, you have the opportunity to get to know the professional world in an exciting and modern working environment. As a student, you can do an internship in almost all departments of the company, take an internship semester or you can complete your studies successfully with a practice-oriented bachelor or master thesis.
- Trainees & Dual Curriculum StudentsTrainees & Dual Curriculum StudentsYour future is also our future! Because we can shape and form the future together with high-tech and your training as a true professional. Therefore, at PI Ceramic, we have therefore been training specialists for technical and commercial professions for many years and are happy to take on qualified junior staff in permanent employment.
- Our Benefits
- EschbachEschbachWe at PI miCos are redefining high-tech both internationally and globally. Our mission: Technology highlights all over the world, made in Eschbach. Benchmark from Breisgau. Wouldn't that be something for you too?
- Our BenefitsBenefits
- Experienced & Young ProfessionalsExperienced & Young ProfessionalsHave you have just graduated or do you have professional experience already. Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then PI miCos is the right partner for you! We are future-oriented and international and therefore offer you a secure job with exciting tasks and interesting prospects.
- StudentsStudentsYou have the opportunity at PI miCos to familiarize yourself with the professional world as a student in an exciting and modern working environment - and to complete your studies successfully with a practice-based bachelor thesis or master thesis.
- Trainees & Student InternshipsTrainees & Student InternshipsYour future is also our future! We can shape and form the future together with high-tech and your training as a true professional. This is why we will be training specialists as mechatronics engineers at PI miCos from 2021. If technology fascinates you, if you really want to make a difference and set out on your professional mission with exciting high-tech, then you've come to the right place!
- Our Benefits
- Careers at PI
- BlogBlogFind news on products, technologies and applications, and information on trade fairs and other events.
- PI StorePI StoreBuy piezo actuators and piezoceramic components online: The PI Store is available 24/7 and offers prices as well as delivery times without having to log in.
- 0Quote list
- SearchE-413 DuraAct and PICA Shear Piezo DriverProduct Description Specifications Downloads Quote / Order
Amplifier modules for PICA Shear actuators and DuraAct patch transducers
The low-noise E-413.00 (benchtop device) and E-413.OE (OEM module) amplifier modules are designed for operating piezo actuators with bipolar power supply. They can output and absorb peak currents up to 100 mA, which corresponds to the standard range of -250 to +250 V for PICA Shear actuators from PI .
The E-413.D2 version is conceived for the operation of piezoelectric DuraAct transducers and offers a peak power of 50 W in the voltage range of -100 to +400 V.
E-413 piezo amplifier modules offer precision control for piezo shear and bending actuators in static and dynamic operation. The output voltage can be either set exactly with an external offset potentiometer (not in the scope of delivery) or controlled via an analog input signal that is amplified by a factor of 50.
A stabilized voltage of 24 V is sufficient to operate the E-413. An integrated DC/DC converter supplies the piezo voltage as well as all other necessary internal voltages. All inputs and outputs are routed via the 32-pin connector strip.
Control via PC
Alternatively, analog control is possible from the PC via D/A converter. For certain National Instruments D/A converter boards, PI offers a complete driver set compatible with the PI General Command Set (GCS) for use with NI LabVIEW software.
Scope of delivery
OEM modules: Connector strip for 32-pin main connector for installing into the customer's housing. Printed documentation.
Benchtop device: Power adapter with power cord and adapter. Connecting cables for the piezo actuator. Adapter cables for control signal input SMB/BNC. Printed documentation.
Quote / Order
Ask for a free quote on quantities required, prices, and lead times or describe your desired modification. All products available online can be ordered directly.
- PI Store